puppet update broken?

Hi,
I just installed a new machine in our infrastructure but I can't get the puppet package to work. I see it has recently been updated to 0.25.4 while the previous version i EPEL was 0.24.8. The other machines that are still running 0.24.8 are all doing fine but on the one with the new puppet version I just get a "Reopening log files" in the syslog. On the other machines this is followed by "Starting Puppet client version 0.24.8" but on the new one nothing happens. Starting puppet manually with "puppetd --no-damonize -d" looks good but ends with the following output:
debug: /File[/var/lib/puppet/ssl/public_keys]/ensure: created
debug: /File[/var/lib/puppet/ssl/private]: Changing ensure
debug: /File[/var/lib/puppet/ssl/private]: 1 change(s)
debug: /File[/var/lib/puppet/ssl/private]/ensure: created
debug: /File[/var/lib/puppet/ssl/certs]: Changing ensure
debug: /File[/var/lib/puppet/ssl/certs]: 1 change(s)
debug: /File[/var/lib/puppet/ssl/certs]/ensure: created
debug: Finishing transaction 23882872773280 with 12 changes
info: Creating a new SSL key for wsuptf01.tmm.cvsn.de
warning: peer certificate won't be verified in this SSL session
warning: peer certificate won't be verified in this SSL session
info: Creating a new SSL certificate request for wsuptf01.tmm.cvsn.de
warning: peer certificate won't be verified in this SSL session
warning: peer certificate won't be verified in this SSL session
warning: peer certificate won't be verified in this SSL session

After that nothing happens.

I also noticed that the previous version has been deleted on the EPEL servers. Was this intended? That makes any rollback to a previous version impossible in case someone updates his machines and runs into similar problems.

Regards,
  Dennis