Re: Hoping to maintain python26 in EPEL5

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 19:40:05 -0500
David Malcolm <dmalcolm redhat com> wrote:

> I'm interested in maintaining a build of python 2.6 for EPEL5,
> parallel-installable with the system "python" (2.4 in EL5, which I
> comaintain within RHEL).

...snip...

> Would people find this useful to have in EPEL5?

I personally would. We have several clients here that use a home grown
spec/rpm for this, and it would be great to have something like this in
the community. ;)

Whats the stance on modules for this python?
Similar to what we do for python3 in fedora? or forbidden?

I'll see if I can review it at some point, unless someone beats me to
it.