EPEL-6 Plan of attack

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Mar 31 01:35:47 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 20:21 -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Although I assume it'd be possible to have a separate repository for
> >> each package...
> >>

> > The current dist-git work in progress uses a single repo per package.
> > Each package will have branches within it for each Fedora release.
> >

> Do you need a smaller set of packages that you could have developers
> test against? Would that help or hinder?

Wouldn't really help at this point.  For EPEL to use dist-git, koji
would have to grow the ability to build from git, and use fedpkg to do
some of the work.  Our repo admins would have to learn about git to make
the EPEL branches, and then getting master merged back in once we do the
rest of the branches would be awkward.  I'd rather move whole hog when
we are ready to move anything.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!