Re: EL-6 mono build

On Monday 10 May 2010 03:13:27 pm Itamar Reis Peixoto wrote:
> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 5:08 PM, Christopher Brown
>
> <snecklifter gmail com> wrote:
> > On 10 May 2010 17:50, Itamar Reis Peixoto <itamar ispbrasil com br> wrote:
> >> mono requires bootstrapping ?
> >>
> >> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=172787
> >>
> >> how to build it ?
> >
> > No, if you build against the mono.snk strong name key in /etc/pki then
> > there should be no bootstrapping required. This is provided by
> > mono-devel I think.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > --
> > Christopher Brown
>
> there are no mono-devel in EL-6,
>
> EL-6 not inherited EL-5 packages.
As i said on IRC you should leave the bootstrapping to the maintainers who
know how it is done. there is a multi build process to bootstrap.  We would
never inherit from EL-5  we would be more likely to inherit from F-12 since
thats mostly what RHEL 6 is based on. and what the cvs branches have been done
from.

There were a bunch of packages branched that did not have F-12 branches and
got branched from devel.  I need to write a script to work them all out and
retire the EL-6 branch.  the package maintainers either forgot to add nobranch
files or did not do it for some other reason.  Im assuming here that no F-12
branch means there should be no EL-6 branch.

Anyway the people that maintain mono in EPEL should do the work.

Dennis