Re: EL-6 branch status

On 12/05/10 15:56, Maynard Johnson wrote:
EL-6 branch status.eml
Subject:
EL-6 branch status
From:
Dennis Gilmore<dennis ausil us>
Date:
Sat, 1 May 2010 14:23:27 -0500
To:
EPEL development disccusion<epel-devel-list redhat com>, devel-announce lists fedoraproject org

If we were to do a mass branch today we would branch everything in the
tobranch file. the excluded file is everything not in RHEL-6 with a nobranch file
in the EL-5 branch.  the RHEL-6 file is the name of all the SRPMS that make up
RHEL-6
I'm pretty new to EPEL, so I may have missed something . . .   I have the "stapitrace" package in the EL-5 branch, and I expected it would automatically be included in the EL-6 branch.  So, on a RHEL6 beta1 machine, I installed the epel-release-6-1.noarch package, and then tried installing stapitrace -- unsuccessfully.  I looked at http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/beta/6/ppc64/, and I don't see it there either.  Did I miss a step?

Yes; it's branched in CVS but not yet tagged and built. As the maintainer, it's up to you to do that - some packages need tweaks before this is done, though I don't think that'll be the case here.

Paul.