EPEL 4 Testing i386 Broken Deps

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 07:36:31 UTC 2010

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 14:16:03 -0500, Michael Stahnke wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 2:06 PM, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> > On Monday 25 October 2010, stahnma wrote:
> >> Reading in repository metadata - please wait....
> >
> > Does the script that does this report also mail maintainers of these broken
> > packages individually?  I find the report somewhat hard to read repeatedly and
> > it doesn't list maintainer names so I can't grep myself out of it either...

> It currently does not.  I haven't had as much time to work on this as
> I would have liked.

yum-utils' repoclosure doesn't support it directly. Package maintainers
are assigned per src.rpm %{name}, which is something not found in the
repoclosure output.

To map from package names to src.rpm names when parsing repoclosure
output, one can either re-query the Yum repositories for the data that's
necessary to get the src.rpm names. Or modify repoclosure output to
include a "source rpm: …" line for every broken dep. The latter is what
I've been testing in extras-repoclosure, so far so good. Such a
modification could go into upstream repoclosure, but the method to query
FAS/PkgDb for maintainers' email addresses has changed multiple
times. [Perhaps a stable API has entered python-fedora, who knows?]

Meanwhile, the SRCRPMNAME-owner fedoraproject.org aliases, which had
started as something very helpful, include addresses of mailing-lists that
cannot be posted to without a subscription. Some developer groups inside
Red Hat point their package ownership at such mailing-lists, so typically
one receives multiple bounces when sending broken deps reports. I've tried
to get several lists opened up, but it's been troublesome to reach the
list owners, and it seems to me such mailing-lists pop up like mushrooms.