Re: EPEL 5 Testing i386 Broken Deps

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 23:34:58 +0400
Peter Lemenkov <lemenkov gmail com> wrote:

> 2010/10/25  <stahnma tyr websages com>:
> > package: nagios-plugins-udp-1.4.15-1.el5.i386 from epel5
> >  unresolved deps:
> >     nagios-plugins = 0:1.4.15-1.el5
>
> Please, remove this particular rpm - nagios-plugins-udp was merged
> into nagios-plugins-tcp since 1.4.15-2 (with proper 'provides' added
> to nagios-plugins-tcp).

This looks odd to me, as 1.4.15-2 (which is in stable) gets rid of
this. Perhaps you need an Obsoletes in there to make sure this
subpackage is removed?

> > package: sems-1.3.0-2.el5.i386 from epel-testing5
> >  unresolved deps:
> >     libresolv.so.2(GLIBC_PRIVATE)
>
> I'm investigating this issue. Frankly speaking I'm confused -
> application builds fine, but rpm complaints about missing runtime
> requirement (GLIBC private symbols). If it is not allowed to link
> against them, then why not to throw error at compile time? More
> surprising is that this issue exists only on x86_64 arch.
>
> Actually, I would really appreciate if someone will write a short
> howto how to resolve and/or prevent such issues.

I have seen this once before... I think there is a package called
'abicheck' that can show you what exact private symbols are being
linked to. Try running that one it... or try running the end program
and see what it complains about?