Re: 389 directory server stack for EPEL 6

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 08:40:05 +0100
Jonathan Underwood <jonathan underwood gmail com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I understand that the 389 directory server stack for EPEL6 hasn't been
> pushed due to the anticipation that 389 will be included in RHEL 6.1.
> However, i wonder if it would be possible to push the 389 stack to
> EPEL6 with an EVR such that when 6.1 is released the packages are
> upgraded from EPEL to the RHEL packages? The reason I ask is that
> it'll be a while before 6.1 releases of centos and scientific linux
> are released (given that rhel 6.1 is currently not released but in
> beta), and it would be nice to have a working 389 stack.

Well, I suppose, but that sure does sound like a lot of work. ;)

Since they don't conflict now, they could be added, but when 6.1 or
whatever comes out with them in it, we would need to mark them all
dead.package, block them, etc.