Re: pmacct package proposal

On 08/02/2011 05:54 PM, Chris Wilson wrote:
Hi Kevin,

On Thu, 28 Jul 2011, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

My new package builds, but cannot be installed due to a dependency
problem. The original package depends on mysql-shared, but I think
this is called just "mysql" in redhat-ish distros. I tried the
following macro:

%if 0%{?fedora} || 0%{?rhel_version} || 0%{?centos_version}
Requires: mysql postgresql-libs
%else
Requires: mysql-shared postgresql-libs
%endif

but it doesn't appear to work. Can anyone advise me?
How are you building it? local rpmbuild? mock?
Local rpmbuild.

did you define and pass to rpmbuild one of the variables which triggers the first branch of the test ? By default these variables are not defined and therefore the whole branch is skipped. in koji the needed variables are defined by the build environment but for local builds you must define them yourself, as appropriate for your use case.