Smarty 3 and Template Inheritance RPM package?

Thanks for Smarty 2.6.x which works fine on Centos 5.6

I see that Smarty 3 supports Template Inheritance:

Template inheritance is an approach to managing templates that resembles object-oriented programming techniques. Instead of the traditional use of {include ...} tags to manage parts of templates, you can inherit the contents of one template to another (like extending a class) and change blocks of content therein (like overriding methods of a class.) This keeps template management minimal and efficient, since each template only contains the differences from the template it extends.

Any ideas when Smarty 3 will be made available from the EPEL repo please, as I'd like to get on with using template inheritance, which is not available in Smarty 2.6.x

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites:
http://www.karsites.net