Re: [Fedora-packaging] Get paid to package! (Etherpad Lite)

On 12/20/2011 07:10 PM, Rich Jones wrote:
Hey all!

I didn't post this bounty, but it came across our system and it seems
like you guys might be able to earn a quick bit of money on this one:

http://gun.io/contracts/16/rpm-based-install-for-etherpad-lite-on-rhel-128

Any takers?

--
Rich Jones
Director, Gun.io <http://Gun.io>

Moving this to epel-devel, which may be more appropriate.

I took a look at last night and this is what I discovered:

- Current etherpad 1.1 seems to require scala 2.7 and does not like 2.8, which is currently packaged for Fedora (not epel). Apparently patches exist to make etherpad compatible with 2.8 at the expense of 2.7 compatibility, but have not yet been merged in.

- scala as currently packaged requires jline and shtools. shtools is easy, jline less so. But scala bundles jline and could probably be used for the purposes of this bounty.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion cora nwra com