Re: clamav (again)

On 02/15/2011 12:18 AM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
Greetings.

Last week at the epel meeting we talked about clamav and getting it
updated and maintained better. One of the issues that came up is that
folks would prefer a more understandable spec. That would help maintain
and keep it updated better.

Toward that end I have:

http://www.scrye.com/~kevin/fedora/clamav/

This is a package based on Dag's package from a while back and updated
for Fedora guidelines, etc.

In some simple testing on epel5 and epel6 it works pretty well. It
upgrades the existing packages ok, with one exception: You need to
'mv /etc/freshclam.conf.rpmnew /etc/freshclam.conf' in order to get
freshclam happy. I'm not sure of a way around this, but if anyone has
one, I'd love to hear it.

I mailed the EPEL maintainers of clamav last week and got one reply
saying the spec seemed fine, but nothing back from the other
co-maintainers. I'd like to set a time (say a week from now?) where we
just commit this new spec and push out updates for testing.

Thoughts?
Excellent !

  Comments?

Is there still a reason to preserve all those Obsoletes: ? Fedora Extras died 5 years ago and no one sane still uses a clamav version packaged at the time.