xrootd-devel and missing header files

Cristina Aiftimiei caifti at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 08:19:20 UTC 2011

Dear all,

I apologies if it's the wrong place for making such questions. Please let me
know if I have to contact somone else or in a different matter.

Our project is starting to make intensive use of EPEL packages, so our
developers are trying to adapt their software to what is provided in the
EPEL repository.
In the last days one of our groups need the:

- XrdCms/XrdCmsReq.hh.
- XrdCms/XrdCmsXmiReq.hh

file and those files are not provided by the xrootd-devel package (
xrootd-devel-3.0.0-1.el5)<http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/x86_64/xrootd-devel-3.0.0-1.el5.x86_64.rpm>,
as expected by the developers.
More than this the xrootd-devl il providing the XrdCms/XrdCmsXmi.hh that
contains:
#include "XrdCms/XrdCmsReq.hh"

that means including a file that doesn't exist, or at least I'm seeing it
like this, sorry if I'm wrong.

Is there a reason that those headers are missing from the xrootd-devl, and
is there a way to include them?

Thank you very much,
Cristina