Where is a new EPEL branched from?

Hello!

I'm considering making EPEL 6 branches of my Fedora packages. I've found
answers to most of my questions in the wiki, but one question remains:

When a new version of RHEL is released, where is the corresponding new EPEL
branched from? From the previous EPEL, from Rawhide or from some Fedora
release?

Björn Persson