Re: Where is a new EPEL branched from?

Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> On Sunday, July 03, 2011 04:20:14 PM Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > epel4 -> master
>
> epel-4 comes from FC-3 if it exists if not rawhide
>
> > epel5 -> master
>
> epel-5 comes from FC-6 if it exists if not rawhide
>
> > epel6 -> f12
>
> epel-6 comes from F-12 if it exists if not rawhide

May i ask what exactly you mean with "if it exists"?

Fedpkg lists a remote "origin/f12" branch for all of my packages, so in that
sense they exist in F-12, but the el6 branches I got when my package change
requests were processed all started out with the same content as the master
branch.

In this case I would have synchronized them with Rawhide anyway, and then
adapted them as necessary from there, so I'm not complaining, but I notice a
discrepancy between what I saw and what you're saying.

When the time comes for EPEL 7 I will probably prefer that the packages are
branched from the most closely matching Fedora release (as Kevin says they
will probably be).

Björn Persson