Possible new maintainer

David Juran djuran at redhat.com
Thu Jul 28 07:43:43 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-07-27 at 07:23 -0500, Trey Dockendorf wrote:
> I'd like to offer to help maintain some packages in the EPEL repo.
>  Right now I'm building RPMs for CentOS 5 and 6...here's a list of
> packages / versions I have built
>

> The following I have currently for both CentOS 5 and 6
> ---------------------
> facter-1.6.0

facter is part of the MRG Grid add-on and if I remember correctly
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/FAQ#Does_EPEL_replace_packages_provided_within_Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux_or_layered_products.3F) overriding packages from add-ons is not allowed. So if you do push this version, please make sure it won't override the version supplied by Red Hat.

> These I have only for CentOS 6, but easy enough to convert to 5

> virt-manager-0.8.7
> python-virtinst-0.500.6

These are already in RHEL6, so again, please make sure you don't
override the default versions.

--
David Juran
Sr. Consultant