Re: epel 4 and python-twisted-* packages

On Sun, 05 Jun 2011 11:25:59 +0200
Stefan Schulze Frielinghaus <stefan seekline net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> what happened to the python twisted framework in EPEL 4? For quite a
> while I receive broken dependency mails for the package pyicq-t but
> only for the EL4 branch, where I'm even not a maintainer of. Since
> I'm not using EL4 I'm not really up to date, but if I remember right
> the framework was available at least a year ago. Was it silently
> removed? If so, what should happen to packages which depend on it?

There isn't even a git branch for python-twisted-core for el4 so I'd be
surprised if it ever existed there.

Unless someone wants to build python-twisted-* for el4 and look after
it for the last nine months or so of its life, it would probably make
more sense to pull dependent packages from the repo.

If someone actually does want to build python-twisted-* for el4, I have
some packages here that may be a good base:

http://mirror.city-fan.org/ftp/contrib/bittorrent/Twisted/RHEL-4/

I don't want to do it myself though.

Paul.