Re: Percona MySQL and MariaDB in EPEL

On 06/19/2011 09:40 PM, Marian Marinov wrote:
On Sunday 19 June 2011 21:53:46 Aaron Knister wrote:
Depending on the definition of replace I wonder if you could do a Provides:
mysql as long as your the packages would appear similarly to dependent
packages.

Yes, I think it should do 'Provides: mysql'. Otherwise it will break quire a
few packages.

But as far as I understand, this is again a replacement of a base package.

If you package them as a direct replacement for mysql then yes but I would argue given that these versions are changed quite a bit they sould be packaged separately instead.

Regards,
  Dennis