Clamav + amavisd-new

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Mar 10 22:33:08 UTC 2011

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 23:11:51 +0100
Jan-Frode Myklebust <janfrode at tanso.net> wrote:

> I see you re-submitted the EPEL6 clamav update without any changes
> after bodhi unpushed it after me giving it negative karma. The change
> breaks amavisd-new on RHEL5 (so you´ve not provided an EPEL5
> version), and it means the fedora-14 amavisd-new can´t be used as-is
> on EPEL6.
>
> 	https://www.redhat.com/archives/epel-devel-list/2011-March/msg00047.html
> 	https://www.redhat.com/archives/epel-devel-list/2011-March/msg00048.html
>
> It seems strange to me to suddenly change the packaging for EPEL
> compared to current EPEL4/5, and also compared to Fedora. Why this
> change for EPEL and not for the packages your´ve created for
> Fedora-14/15 ?

The Fedora maintainer has odd desires for the package. This is sad for
Fedora, but we are not going to keep following the Fedora package in
EPEL, so we are going with a new, easier to manage version.

The Fedora version is likely going to stay the same unless someone can
convince the maintainer there to step down.

> 	http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=232112
> 	http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=232111
>
> Shouldn´t they all change to the new format (and amavisd-new fixed to
> work with the new clamav-packaging), or none.. ?

Yeah, I would think so.

Do you have any thoughts/patches for getting amavisd-new working with
the new clamav? Perhaps looking at some of the other 3rd party repos
could help us here. I know one of the amavisd-new maintainers was going
to look into it, but I don't think he's had time yet. ;(

Also, there is no amavisd-new pushed in epel6 yet, so we could push
clamav now, and push the fixed amavisd-new as soon as it's ready, no?

kevin