Re: Clamav-status Was: Re: Meeting summary/minutes from today's EPEL sig meeting (2011-03-14)

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 11:28:07 +0100
Jan-Frode Myklebust <janfrode tanso net> wrote:

> On 2011-03-15, Kevin Fenzi <kevin scrye com> wrote:
> >
> >>   4 - Some files below /var/lib/clamav/ are still owned by old
> >> clamav-user after the upgrade, so freshclam is unable to write to
> >> these. Problem at least for mirrors.dat.
> >
> > Perhaps we could do a %post that chowns them? Or a %pre that rm's
> > them?=20
>
> It was only the /var/lib/clamav/mirrors.dat that was causing problems
> being owned by numeric id (old clamav user) and only readable by this
> user. Guess %ghost should fix this, right ?
>
> 	%defattr(0644, clam, clam, 0755)
> 	%ghost %{_localstatedir}/lib/clamav/mirrors.dat

I think that would only work if they installed the new version and then
did a --setowner on it. ;(

I think you may need a %pre that removes the old mirrors.dat or I
wonder, could it do that in the freshclam process? Probibly too
difficult to add.