Request: add kdiff3 to EPEL-6

Ferry Huberts mailings at hupie.com
Tue May 3 09:42:40 UTC 2011

On 05/03/2011 11:30 AM, Michael J Gruber wrote:
> Ferry Huberts venit, vidit, dixit 03.05.2011 09:53:
>> yes.
>
> ? I guess this shows just again how much sense top-posting makes...

well, excuse me

>> i did file it against rhel because they included git in rhel and kdiff3 is
>> the default difftool for git.
>
> No, it is not. Without user configuration, git-difftool takes a guess
> from a large list of possible tools, taking into account what is
> available, whether you have a DISPLAY, what desktop you use and whether
> your VISUAL/EDITOR setting shows that you like vim. On a system with
> kdiff3 and without meld and opendiff (or within kde and without
> opendiff) that results in kdiff3.

well, under 'normal' circumstances on my machine, under a gnome desktop,
with kdiff3 installed, both difftool and mergetool seem to open up kdiff3...

git gui also seems to have a preference for kdiff3

hey, if I'm wrong that's fine too. I'm just telling you what I'm seeing.

>> including it in epel is fine with me too, but having it in rhel is better
>> i think.
>
> Well, you can get it in epel now/soon or in rhel 7. Having it in epel 6
> may actually help getting it into rhel 7.

it is in epel 5 but not in rhel 6...
why would it go into rhel 7 when it is in epel 6?

and as I already said:
>> including it in epel is fine with me too

relax :-)

grtz

--
Ferry Huberts