Re: Request to upgrade DJango

On 04/17/2012 02:10 PM, Matthias Runge wrote:
On 17/04/12 19:43, Adam Young wrote:
While looking into EPEL support for Openstack, we came across the issue
that EPEL ships with 1.2.7 and Openstack expects 1.3. Upon looking at
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.3/releases/1.3/#backwards-incompatible-changes-in-1-3
I see that one of the major differences is protection against XSRF. This
alone is sufficient reason to upgrade.

Installing an RPM from the Sourceforge site worked well with Openstack,
so it seems to fit our needs as well.

Are there any objections to upgrading EPEL's version of Django To the
latest?
Umh, my fault. I'm planning to upgrade django for epel6 to version 1.3.x since two weeks now; sadly, real life kept me really busy.

There have been some requests to upgrade to version 1.4 (to skip 1.3.x). I'm aware of at least one application, which would break, if we upgrade to django-1,4: reviewboard. So, I'd do an update to django-1.3.1 in the next few days. An additional reason to upgrade is, that django developers only support the two latest versions, so 1.2.7 is not actively maintained any more.

If you can provide a 1.4 RPM, I am willing to test Openstack against it. I suspect we can move to that more slowly, but we'll be ahead of the curve.