RPM macros question

Dmitry Makovey dmitry at athabascau.ca
Thu Aug 2 18:41:49 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm working on bringing pgpool-II packages (postgresql-pgpool-II-3.1.2-1) from
Fedora over to RHEL6. I've already "hacked" Fedora version to play nice with
RHEL (removing systemd references and supplanting systemd unit with init
script). I have also conditionalized it to build either one depending on
whether systemd is to be used or not using the

%if %{systemd_enabled}
%else
%endif

blocks. However I can't quite figure out an optimal way of determining which
platform package is being compiled for (in other words: how to set up
systemd_enabled macro automatically rather than rely on manual setup). I'm
sure people on this list came across this problem more than once, and I would
like to know what's the standard way of resolving it. What I'm trying to
achieve is to get one SPEC for both Fedora and RHEL. Am I attacking this
problem the wrong way?

--
Dmitry Makovey
Web Systems Administrator

When in trouble when in doubt run in circles scream and shout
     http://www.wordwizard.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19330

---