Update Amavisd-new package

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at noa.gr
Fri Aug 31 10:41:52 UTC 2012

Hello list,

I would like to use a current version of amavisd-new RPM on Centos 5.8.

As I am already using amavisd-new-2.4.5-1.el5.noarch from the EPEL repo
(which is very old), I would like to ask if it would be possible to
provide an updated version, hopefully with the latest amavisd-new
release (2.8.0).

Otherwise, where can I get/find directions to try to build an RPM
myself, if possible ? The RPM should be suitable for a smooth upgrade
using rpm -U.

Note that amavisd-new.x86_64.2.6.6-3.el5.rf provided in the rpmforge
repo is totally incompatible with the one on EPEL (paths, init scripts,
clamav service).

Thanks in advance,
Nick