Re: RFC: Rethinking EPEL at FUDcon Lawrence 2013

Based on some of the previous discussions on this thread, my own
self-interests and looking around why not settle for "epel-rawhide" repo
that could serve both as a QA stage for packages in EPEL and for the
category of users who need "latest and greatest" version of package in RHEL.

I do believe both groups: a) users who want stable b) users who want
latest are quite sizable and have enough people involved to power such
move.

To address the security concerns: we need something that will require
version bump whenever upstream drops maintenance of the currently
packaged version in EPEL and there are no takers for backports within a
week. That should minimize backporting efforts.

just my $.02CDN

--
Dmitry Makovey
Web Systems Administrator

When in trouble when in doubt run in circles scream and shout
     http://www.wordwizard.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19330