OK from the various problems with various packages and the needs of
packaging groups for a faster place for development and users for a
more stable and knowing release cycle.. I would like to open the floor
to what we can do to make EPEL more useful to both groups as best as
possible with the goal that the proposals are finalized by FUDcon
Lawrence and work on them completed within 6 months.
1) Formalize what EPEL does and how it does it.
- Who gets to decide about updates
- How do we update major items (regularly after a RHEL release? after
a Fedora release?)
- How do we say "we can't support this architecture/release" anymore?
2) Make sure it is documented what the Fedora Build System can do for
us and what it can't.
- Repotags (yes/no)
- Multiple channels for devel, testing, stable, old (yes/no)?
- Building for PPC/etc architectures when we don't have systems anymore?