Major version upgrades - acceptable if in number only?

I maintain mozilla-https-everywhere, and upstream is going to release
version 2.0 soon. I hope. Anyway. If 2.0's only changes are new
supported sites, would it be acceptable to push it to EPEL, or should
I just use the repo I already have on repos.fedorapeople.org? If
indeed the only change is new rulesets, backporting would make the
resulting package 1.x in name only.

Thank you.

Russell Golden
Fedora Project Contributor
niveusluna niveusluna org
(972) 836-7128
--
"We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will
add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your