Request EPEL Builds 4 calibre

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Jan 23 17:50:36 UTC 2012

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 11:31:23 -0600
"Russell Golden" <niveusluna at www.niveusluna.org> wrote:

> >> Ah well. I guess calibre for EPEL6 is probably out.
> >
> > Yep. I would be happy to build it, but it's just too fast moving.
> > It also releases every week.
> > It also changes GUI/Interface as the author likes.
> > It's not something that would fit well in a 'support for 7 years'
> > repo. :(
>
> How about in a separate, non-EPEL repo? Say, on
> repos.fedorapeople.org. I know this is a little off topic, but I'd
> love to see it in a repo for when I switch my server over to CentOS.
> I unfortunately don't know python, but I might, MIGHT, be willing to
> learn it to do it myself, if nirik isn't willing.

Feel free, but I fear this is going to be a lot more work than you
think it is. ;)

You may be able to install the binary calibre from upstream (it ships a
lot of it's deps as local copies, so you could try installing python26
from epel and see if the binary installer works)
http://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux

kevin