Re: Overlap policy v20120615

On 06/15/2012 11:43 AM, inode0 wrote:
On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 12:34 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin scrye com> wrote:
On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 12:27:30 -0500
inode0 <inode0 gmail com> wrote:

I'm sorry if this has been answered before and I have forgotten the
answer but why are the lb and ha bits excluded? Was there a request
from the RHEL side to exclude them?

They were added to our buildsystem a while back because they contained
dependencies that were used by epel packages. There wasn't a formal
request that I know of, but it was requested by several maintainers.

I suppose we could look at dropping them.

No, I don't want them dropped from the build system. I want to know
why piranha can't be packaged by EPEL for example?

Well, piranha is shipped by ScientificLinux (and probably CentOS), presumably because the srpm is in 6Server, so you would end up with conflicts there. If you are a paying RedHat customer and want support, presumably you would purchase the relevant channel as well to get piranha?

--
Orion Poplawski
NWRA, Boulder Office                  FAX: 303-415-9702