Re: How to prevent accidental EPEL updates of RHEL-core packages?

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 23:44:54 +0100
Karanbir Singh <mail-lists karan org> wrote:

> On 04/27/2012 04:14 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> >> Is there any check in place to prevent updates breaking the rule
> >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/GuidelinesAndPolicies#Policy_for_Conflicting_Packages
> >> ?
> >
> > Nope. We have talked about setting something up, but it's not
> > trivial to implement. ;( If you want to work on it, happy to help.
>
> Wonder what the challenges are... it should be mostly just a case of a
> white/black list matching on ${name}. We already do this against
> CentOS/EPEL for both src.rpm content and binary content in
> i386/x86_64 ( and hopefully powerpc soon )

It likely will be easier with 6. On 5 it was unclear what of the many
channels to check against.

On 6 it's more clear what things we use and could check against.

If someone wants to write up such a script, or if CentOS folks are
willing to provide their script I could see about getting it
running here. ;)