Re: Package built outside of the el6 branch

On Fri, 18 May 2012 17:18:40 +0800
Mathieu Bridon <bochecha fedoraproject org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just stumbled upon something surprising in EPEL 6.
>
> On the repositories, the latest published version of
> perl-Getopt-Long-Description is:
>     perl-Getopt-Long-Descriptive-0.084-2.el6
>
> However, in the fedora/el6 Git branch, the latest version is:
>     perl-Getopt-Long-Descriptive-0.084-1.el6
>
> Trying to understand where this -2 version is coming from, I found the
> Koji build:
>     http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=2431757
>
> Koji helpfully says it was built from the git commit 1d8afac... which
> is not in the fedora/el6 branch, but in the branch leading to f14+.
>
> I'm confused, how is that possible?

Well, it was branched for el6 that day and built from the repo (no
commit), so it was pulled from whatever was in rawhide/master then.

I'm as puzzled as you as to why it's the -2 version tho. ;(
It shouldn't be... -1 is the one in git...