Re: Thoughts from last meeting

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 2:53 AM, Jon Stanley <jonstanley gmail com> wrote:
> In reality "layered product folks" is GSS. They get *all* support
> inquires, no matter how large the customer. If they have a TAM, that
> TAM is in the GSS org structure. So we can safely ignore the product
> management side of this (who could probably be considered the "owners"
> of the layered product channels).

Tickets have SMEs assigned in GSS.  Unless it's level 1 knowledge,
many times they do reach back to engineering.  Product management is
impacted, engineering individuals are assigned.  A great majority of
my tickets at my customers do reach such resources every time.

So product management very much is involved, does have a say, and
there are very much metrics on those impacts and costs.

--
Bryan J Smith - Professional, Technical Annoyance
http://www.linkedin.com/in/bjsmith