Re: RHEL6 Workstation vs. EPEL6 Conflict Check and a few resulting questions

On 19 October 2012 18:26, inode0 <inode0 gmail com> wrote:

> koan-0:2.2.3-2.el6.noarch (koan-0:2.0.7-21.el6sat.noarch)

> Some of these have been corrected and the rest now have bugs filed
> against them. The only one that I'm curious about really is koan which
> conflicts with the same package in the rhn-tools channel. While my gut
> thinks that should be considered part of base RHEL I don't know if it
> ever has been?!

The tools has never been and in the past the group running it wanted
to push newer stuff into EPEL so it could be tested as the people
testing stuff never used Fedora for it. I don't know if that is still
valid but that was the previous case. [

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
"Don't derail a useful feature for the 99% because you're not in it."