Re: 'policy' for multiple versions of same software in EPEL

On Mon, 29 Oct 2012, Michael Stahnke wrote:

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 12:52 PM, Chris Adams <cmadams hiwaay net> wrote:
Once upon a time, Dmitry Makovey <dmitry athabascau ca> said:
Maybe aligning more with CenOS schedule? They end up trailing RHEL as well so
whatever time they get before pushing "the latest" may be enough for EPEL?

CentOS has had some pretty long delays sometimes in the past, so I don't
see that as a valid policy.

They've certainly worked to shorten that timeline.  We could probably
engage their core team and find out future plans as well, if so
desired.

I do not recommend synchronizing with any specific distribution.

-sv