Re: Zabbix 2.0.2 SRPM available

Dear all,

On 25/09/12 18:37, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 16:29:26 +0200
Fabrice Salvaire<f salvaire genomicvision com>  wrote:

Dear all,

I upgraded the Zabbix package to the upstream version 2.0.2. It seems
to work fine, except I don't tested everything.

Thus I have the SRPM with the update for the spec file and some of
the sources files. How can I provide it to EPEL ?

File a bug against the epel Zabbix package and the maintainer can
review and apply your patches.

If I am right the EPEL devel list archive is not searchable and there is no "public container" to put such works: a way to find experimental SRPM for a package, a kind of github infrastructure with a wiki and branches. The SRPM of Greg Swift is certainly much better than my quick upgrade of the 1.8 package, my own is just a RPM version of no more than a personal compilation in order to deploy the agent easily. But how to be aware of it?

Fabrice

begin:vcard
fn:Fabrice Salvaire
n:Salvaire;Fabrice
org:Genomic Vision;IT
adr;quoted-printable:B=C3=A2timent E;;80-84 rue des Meuniers;Bagneux;;92220;France
email;internet:fabrice salvaire genomicvision com
tel;work:+33 (0)1 49 08 07 62
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.genomicvision.com
version:2.1