GNU Octave:

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Fri Apr 12 13:46:42 UTC 2013

On 04/12/2013 07:33 AM, Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> I'm not sure what that means for Octave, which is an interpreted
> language. AFAIK, it would be unusual to be linking directly to Octave.
> So, I'm not sure an ABI break is meaningful in this context. But, I'm
> not a big octave user, so maybe I missed something.

octave defines a module API version.  Binary modules compiled against
one api will not load against a different version.  We encode this with:

octave(api) = api-v48+

3.4.3 provides:

octave(api) = api-v45+

There was also a soname bump between 3.4 and 3.6 in the octave libraries
which a couple other packages other than octave modules also link to.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion at cora.nwra.com