6.4 overlaps

Bryan J Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Mon Mar 18 01:29:03 UTC 2013

[ FYI, top posting on purpose ]

This information should be in the SRPMS, correct?  (Arch-specifics might be
more difficult though).
I'm thinking "out loud" here, so please excuse my ignorance of mash and
related support here.

Before looking at the effort required, could someone tell me if the
following solution be feasible?
1. Create a program to scrape through the SRPMS at ftp.redhat.com (at least
under whatever directories are EPEL policy) and build an blacklist of
packages?
2. Modify mash to never build a package if it is this blacklist?

As far as Arch, as a start, the list could be only used for the x86-64 EPEL
repo.  Or am I way off-the-mark of what is feasible?

-- bjs