[et-mgmt-tools] virt-install

Paras pradhan pradhanparas at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 21:35:50 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 3:17 PM, Cole Robinson <crobinso at redhat.com> wrote:

> Paras pradhan wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > What is causing this?
> >
> > ---
> > [root at ha1 init.d]# virt-install
> > ERROR    A name is required for the virtual machine.
> > ---
> >
> > It should be run interactively. Correct?
> >

> > Version is the 0.400.0 and compiled from source tar ball under CentOS 52
> >

> Most prompting was removed from virt-install in the 0.400.0 release. It
> was a maintenance burden and and largely unnecessary.
>
> The minimum required options should be --name, --ram, and an install
> method (either --location, --pxe, or --cdrom).
>
> - Cole

ok.. no problem with that when I can run virt-install with options. I get
stuck in the middle.. this might not be the issue with virt-install or
virt-manager. I am trying to install centos para virt guest. When I choose
to install from nfs. it then tries to determine IP address automatically. I
don't know if gets the ip or not. But the installer stops here in this
screen.

I am not being able to figure out this.

Paras.