[et-mgmt-tools] virt-manager Problem with german keyboard (AltGr) and builtin vnc client

Arne Bernin ab at stollmann.de
Fri Nov 7 15:01:25 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-05 at 23:25 +0100, Frederik Himpe wrote:

> Can you try removing the keymap completely from that line (run virsh
> edit flexlm01)? For me it works best without any keymap defined.

When i do this, the keyboard is totally wrong. I need to set
it to "de". see below...

> Another thing which could be relevant is this patch:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2008-11/msg00116.html

I already applied this one to kvm/qemu, without it,
it does not work even with the tight-vncclient.
But with the patch applied, it works now, even
with the builtin client in virt-manager.

In think i used the wrong kvm/qemu version in my
previous testing, thinking that i already patched it...
But it seems, i was wrong. Sorry about that.

So i will file a debian bug report to get this patch
included in kvm...

Thanks again!

--arne

Arne Bernin
Tel: +49 40 890 88 433
Fax: +49 40 890 88 444
mailto:ab at stollmann.de
http://www.stollmann.de

Stollmann E+V GmbH, Mendelssohnstr. 15D, D-22761 Hamburg, Germany
HRB Hamburg 55634, VAT-ID DE 811 675 541
GF: Peter Herrmann, Christian Lührs