[et-mgmt-tools] Re: [Xen-users] converting full to para

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 4:24 AM, John Haxby <john haxby oracle com> wrote:
Paras pradhan wrote:
virt-p2v was able to convert my centOS 5.2 physical machine to xen virtual machine and it runs great. Now, I am working on to convert this full virt machine to para virt .

Under my domU i have installed kernel-xen (since it is needed ) , and edited my grub menu to use the installed kernel. [snip]
Red Hat nash version 5.1.19.6 <http://5.1.19.6> starting

 Reading all physical volumes.  This may take a while...
 No volume groups found
 Volume group "VolGroup00" not found
mount: could not find filesystem '/dev/root'
setuproot: moving /dev failed: No such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /proc: No such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /sys: No such file or directory
switchroot: mount failed: No such file or directory
---

I think you're missing the xenblk driver.   Try editing /etc/modprobe.conf to look like this:

  alias eth0 xennet
  alias scsi_hostadapter xenblk

and then

  mkinitrd -f /boot/initrd-2.6.18-92.1.17.el5xen.img 2.6.18-92.1.17.el5xen

jch

Thanks !. It worked....

Paras.