Re: [et-mgmt-tools] KVM, Virt-manager and virtio

Thanks, that helped alot. But now i have another issue...

My <interface> section now looks like that:
   <interface type='bridge'>
     <mac address='00:16:3e:04:a0:5f'/>
     <source bridge='br0'/>
     <model type='virtio'/>
   </interface>

I log into win box using virt-manager console and start installing driver for network card. And guest hangs. No errors, nothing. Just hangs completely during copying driver files. Any ideas?

Ruben

Arutyunyan Ruben wrote:
Hello everyone,

i just recently installed KVM(on Ubuntu 8.04) and virt-manager was of great help when i had to deploy few Win 2003 guests. The only problem i have now is networking. I use bridged network and its fine xept one thing - its 100 mbit. What i need is 1 Gbs link(my network card allows that). Seems to fully utilise nw card i need to install virtio network device, then drivers for it from Windows and be a happy. I found this how-to http://www.linux-kvm.com/content/tip-how-setup-windows-guest-paravirtual-network-drivers , but i dont understand how to make virtio device available for guest if i dont start machine manually via command line, but want to incorporate it into xml.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ruben

virt-manager doesn't yet support adding a virtio nic to
an existing guest, but we will soon. You'll have to make
the changes via the command line.

What you will want to do is:

- stop your vm
- virsh dumpxml YOURVM > xml