[et-mgmt-tools] Connecting to a remote libvirtd host using virt-manger

Jon Smith cmdrlinux at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 18:02:39 UTC 2008

virt-manager and libvirtd both functioning locally.  I tried to use
virt-manager to access the same libvirtd host remotely but I'm having
some trouble.

I'm using qemu+ssh to connect to the remote host, but when I do,
virt-manager turns gray and becomes unresponsive, eventually the part
of the window showing the hosts goes blank.  If I stop libvirtd on the
remote host, virt-manager refreshes itself and shows the libvirtd host
as connected, and even lists all the domains available.  I'm also able
to connect using virsh and that works fine.

I can repeat this process over and over again, even after rebooting
the hosts involved.  I've also run libvirtd with the --verbose flag
and can send the output (~80K) if that would help.