Re: [et-mgmt-tools] Is it possible / wishlist

Thanks Cole.  It would be a very useful feature for building clusters on laptops.

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 4:37 PM, Cole Robinson <crobinso redhat com> wrote:
Christopher Dale wrote:
> What is the proscribed method for virt-clone if the target you want to
> use is a snapshot, not a cloned image?

virt-clone doesn't have any snapshot support at the moment.

Libvirt's storage support now has some snapshot awareness (though I'm
not fully certain yet how it all works). If libvirt eventually gets a
storage volume clone API, we could probably tie the two together and
offer an option to use a snapshot as a clone, rather than a full device
duplication.

- Cole