[et-mgmt-tools] usage advice

Brian Krusic brian at krusic.com
Wed Jan 21 18:26:53 UTC 2009

Hi all,

While I've used this great tool to migrate several physical servers to
Xen domUs in the past, I have an issue.

I've always converted hosts having small disks of around 40G over to
domUs but have an issue were my current host in need of being
virtualized has a physical disk of 500G but its / partition is only
35G, the rest of the drive is unallocated/unpartitioned and therefore
unused.

I don't know why it was done this way but I have come in and started
cleaning house, introducing Xen, etc...

I obviously don't want to migrate the entire 500G disk as it only has
a 35G root partition (ext3, no LVMs in this case).

Here is the hosts partition layout;

/dev/sda1	ext3		/
/dev/sda5			swap

- Brian