[et-mgmt-tools] usage advice

Stephan stephan at fishycam.com
Thu Jan 22 06:30:02 UTC 2009

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 10:26:53 -0800, Brian Krusic <brian at krusic.com> wrote:
> I obviously don't want to migrate the entire 500G disk as it only has
> a 35G root partition (ext3, no LVMs in this case).

How about taking a backup of everything, possibly using a hard drive
cloning tool, then using the gparted live cd to resize the partitions? I
guess it's not without risk, but to be honest, it will probably work -  it
has never failed for me so far. It isn't my data though, so easy for me to
say! ;-) The live cd / usb image can be downloaded from here:
http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php

While we're on the subject, I've only ever used this mailing list to talk
about libvirt. What tool are you using to virtualise your existing physical
servers? It's an area I want to start looking into in the fairly near
future too.

Best regards,

Stephan