[et-mgmt-tools] Building Virt-Manager on RHEL 5.4 Beta

Tim Fahl headshot_7 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 23 18:58:11 UTC 2009

Hey all,

I've been using an older version of Virt-Manager to test some things on a box running RHEL 5.4 beta with KVM support. My VM's work great and I really like virt-manager. I saw the usb support added in 0.7 and wanted to try it out. I downloaded the files and followed the instructions to make and make install. It seems like it worked and I can even see the new parts of the GUI but the lists for USB and PCI dont become populated until I restart the service libvirtd .. I cant figure this out.. Did I botch up the install? Any chance of an RPM for RHEL (or detailed build/install instructions for RHEL)?

Thanks in advance,
HS7

P.S I am able to manually add usb devices via the xml conf file but It would really be nice to be able to use this new feature in virt-manager