[et-mgmt-tools] Virt-manager feature suggestion

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Mar 26 16:18:39 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 11:17:34AM -0400, Michael DeHaan wrote:
> How about a snapshot button for paused/off guests?
>
> It could copy the file if it's on regular storage, though if the guest
> was on LVM it could offer to do a LVM snapshot?

There's two things in this are we'd like to do

 - Full guest cloning (aka GUI for virt-clone). I believe that Cole has
   got some UI designs for this being finalized, so hopefully get this in
   the not too distant future
 - Snapshotting. For this we want to improve the API coverage in libvirt
   so we can more easily track the fact that some 'save' images may be
   snapshots

    http://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2009-March/msg00205.html

Daniel