Re: crashing ext3 is easy and reproducible

> interesting bug, but why would you run ext3 on a ramdisk ??? any reason? I
> use ramdisk for root filesystem on a lot of servers and all of them use
ext2

I'm roughing out an application. The bottleneck would be be how fast I could
load up data into postgresql(7.2b4). With my ide drive, the answer was 'not
fast enough by a factor of 10'.

I ran a series of tests creating and destroying pg databases, but using a
ramdisk of 256Mb.

To automate this I used a script.. and as soon as I ran it the second
time --splat.

Any way, with a script it is easy to try other filesystems.

ext2 is fastest.
reiserfs was 2 secs slower.
ext3 trails substantially

Regards