Re: 2.2.19/0.0.7a assertion failure

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 10:57:28AM +1000, CaT wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 10:35:53AM +1000, CaT wrote:
> > Well I was ripping said CD so it was writing data to my HD. Mail could've
>
> But wait. There's more. I can duplicate the assertion failure. (I tried
> it again and it went fubar again). It definately seems to be ext3 as when
> ripping to /tmp (ext2) I got no failure.

OK, good.  I think I know what it may be: under VM pressure, ext3 can
be called recursively (that's fine, we deal with that), but it doesn't
account for growing transactions when that happens.

2.4+ext3 should be fine here, but I'll need to fix 2.2 (in fact, my
current 0.7b tree may already have fixed it in a different way).  How
exactly do you reproduce this (what software), and what is your setup
(memory etc)?

Thanks,