Re: Why is .journal file sometimes visible and sometimes not?

On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 09:09:30AM -0600, David Richardson wrote:

> The forced e2fsck is there because the man page for tune2fs says a fsck is
> required after using 'tune2fs -O'.

Actually, tune2fs from e2fsprogs versions 1.23 and higher no longer
require that you run fsck.  (Tune2fs will tell you if fsck needs to be
run, and will will set the filesystem dirty bit if necessary.)

I see the man page wasn't updated to reflect this development; thanks
for pointing that out.  I'll update the man page for the next release.

						- Ted